Join the Hydraform team at the annual Windhoek Show – 30 Sep 2016 to 8 Oct 2016
The Hydraform team will be taking part at the annual Windhoek Industrial and Agricultural Show in Namibia. We look forward to engaging with existing and new clients at the show.
Hydraform has been in the alternative building technology industry since 1988. The company has its headquarters in Johannesburg, South Africa but has operated in different countries across Africa and other parts of the world.
By taking the world’s oldest known building material, earth soil and giving it form and durability through Hydraform’s innovative technology, the company has developed earth brick that can reduce costs on construction projects. The dry stack interlocking block eliminates the use of mortar in 70% of building structure with no need for concrete or steel columns.
The Hydraform business model is structured around its values of innovation, production excellence, team work and people focus. The benefits of using Hydraform technology include;
- Cost saving in construction projects through use of local raw materials on site and reduction in transportation costs.
- The blocks are composed of soil and mixed with between 8% and 10% cement. Less spend on cement costs.
- Hydraform blocks are quick to lay as the blocks interlock requiring no mortar joints except in the foundation courses, below the roof structure and above lintels.
- Entrepreneurs and communities are able to generate their own profits by building with this technology, create jobs and skills development.
- The bricks have been developed with internationally recognised research institutions and educational institutions. The blocks are solid and tested both by Agrément (under CSIR) and Wits University.
- Hydraform’s technology delivers safe, quality and affordable homes.
Through our mission statement to train, build and partner when developing communities or construction projects, we provide training and support to our clients with qualified and skilled project management teams and civil engineers to provide guidance in building quality homes. Benefit of this service is to make sure the project is delivered on time, it is managed efficiently, cost effectively and make sure that quality brick blocks are produced to build quality homes.
About Hydraform in Namibia
While there have been a number of Hydraform machines sold in Namibia, we have not engaged with this market as developers, we always encourage our customers to use our system for their construction dreams. This was the case of the individual who used the Hydraform name to scam clients into giving him cash for homes he never built, using the Hydraform system. He was never a client of Hydraform. This is part of the reason why Hydraform has spent the last few months more actively and directly engaging with our Namibian market to restore trust and credibility and look forward to meeting many new clients at the show.